"Doctors for Ifakara"
Help for self-help - a Tyrolean project in the heart of Africa
The members of the Association "Doctors for Ifakara" see their task in supporting St. Francis Referral Hospital, a hospitals founded in 1953 by the Capuchin Fathers of Switzerland and Dr. Karl Schoepf, an Austrian surgeon from Zams/Austria, in the town of Ifakara, in the south-east of Tanzania. Together with the “Austrian Development Agency” (ADA), the provincial government of Tyrol and many private persons, our commitment centres on the improvement of medical care for the local population.
Our supporters are not only doctors, but also people from other institutions and professions, such as nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, radiographers, artists, technicians, civil servants, gastronomy people, entrepreneurs, schools and many others.
We have installed a photo gallery giving an illustrated report on everything that happens in Ifakara and around the hospital.
to the photo gallery
Please, look also at the website of our partner-association ("Association of the Friends of Ifakara - Parish Partnership"), which takes care of the parish "St. Andrew" in Ifakara
|Tanzanian Training Centre for International Health|
Please visit also the website of Tanzanian Training Centre for International Health in Ifakara
|Charity Concert of the "New Piano Trio"|
The internationally renowned "New Piano Trio" played for us.
Also this year the "Fachberufsschule für Tourismus und Handel" in Landeck has invited to the traditional Galadiner in favour of St. Francis Hospital in Ifakara.
Page: 1 of 5 | Hits: 1 to 5 of 21 | next